Check this out!
This is a good read from Heather Stewart in the Guardian.
It’s yet another anti-austerity article in the New Year‘s news.
Sometimes the media get the focus wrong but for me anything that paints a balanced view of the austerity argument is good journalism.
The point here is that voters need to share their views in France & Germany to challenge the prevailing Merkozy austerity line. Of course, in the US the Republican presidential candidates need to be pressed for their policies – there is a need for austerity to be the top political subject in the US election
- Economics in 2012: no gain, just pain as austerity brings misery to all (guardian.co.uk)
- Spaniards ring in New Year of more austerity (vancouversun.com)
- Austerity Reigns Over Euro Zone as Crisis Deepens (nytimes.com)
- Greek Financial Crisis Tearing Apart Families and Children (ibtimes.com)
- EU austerity risks new recession (business.financialpost.com)
- Beyond Austerity? (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- What is wrong with EU austerity policies? (3eintelligence.wordpress.com)
- UK jobs market looks ugly (americablog.com)
- Stimulus, Austerity, and Double Standards (krugman.blogs.nytimes.com)
- An International Tour Of Hangover Cures (stylecaster.com)
- 2012 predictions worth discussing (seattletimes.nwsource.com)