Personally, I sense that the financial markets will put France on the ropes even before President Hollande is sworn in to office. With a socialist, anti-austerity manifesto, markets will struggle to reconcile this with France’s weak financial and competitive positions. I fear we shall see France quickly linked with the Med countries of Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal. The election of a French Socialist President will also pose a problem for Angela Merkel who may well be the next major politician to fail on the word of too much austerity.
What do you think?
- French elections and the future of Europe (davidwestern.wordpress.com)
- French Elections Sarkozy Loses,Hollande Wins. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Euro drops after French, Greek elections (nzherald.co.nz)
- SOCIALIST FRANÇOIS HOLLANDE WINS FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: A round-up of links and thoughts as … (pjmedia.com)
- Socialist Party Candidate Defeats Sarkozy In French Presidential Election (mediaite.com)
- Hollande wins French presidential election with 51,9 % of votes (12160.info)