This detailed article by Izabella Kaminska, published in the FT Alphaville blog is WELL WORTH A READ.
For me, the article provided some excellent evidence that the austerian politicians, and their shadowy sponsors, who hold sway in Washington, London and Berlin are frequently spouting pure proganda, without economic foundation.
- FT Alphaville Podcast: Dylan Grice (ritholtz.com)
- Subprime securities – still being downgraded (ftalphaville.ft.com)
- The black swan for the second half: A resurgence in Europe (forexlive.com)
- Wednesday: GDP, FOMC Statement, ADP Employment and more (calculatedriskblog.com)
- Unfounded Fear of Inflation (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Larry Summers and the Pivot to Austerity (calculatedriskblog.com)
- FT/alphaville in from the cold with fringe-ish ideas (growthology.org)
- Here’s how Goldman Sachs is making your beer more expensive (washingtonpost.com)
- 10 Tuesday AM Reads (ritholtz.com)