I thank Dr Alf for reblogging the following article ”Attenborough warns on population“, published by BBC News| UK . I would like to publicly respond to Attenborough’s article and share my own views.
He is in distinguished company.
Bill and Melinda Gates want to vaccinate people in Africa and the 3rd world to reduce the population by preventing diseases which encourage parents to have overly large families.
Prince Philip has been quoted publicly as saying that “After my death I would like to come back as a deadly virus because the biggest environmental problem is people”.
People may also recall Professor James Lovelock, the promoter of GAIA Theory (mother earth goddess worship and quasi Druidism dressed up to sound like something new), saying that unless the population was reduced and “Global Warming” from man-made sources stopped, then GAIA “would take her revenge” by making the planet inhospitable to humans and thus kill them off.
Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World” set out the thinking of the Committee of 300 who for all the years since their inception out of the British East India Company when it was called the Council of 300, have called for the earth’s population to be reduced to 1 billion people.
Malthus did not know about farming technology, GM foods, vertical farming, modern fertilizers and self replicating machines and he didn’t know about robotic farming. So his estimate of the capacity of the earth to feed its population was based on the available knowledge of that time. Clearly, events have moved on to the point where the issue is food distribution and farming methods, all of which are more than capable of feeding everybody.
The problem is in the grossly uneven distribution of wealth, where a tiny plutocracy are worth billions whilst large numbers of people live in grinding poverty and the gap is widening by the day.
Where I agree with David Attenborough is with the cessation of food aid. The cessation of all aid to other countries should be stopped until our own financial affairs are in order. Food and other aid simply creates dependence on donor countries and encourages them to not bother to raise their game to deal with their own issues.
- David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population (elementulhuliganic.wordpress.com)
- David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population (oneworldchronicle.com)
- David Attenborough: If we do not control population, the natural world will (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- David Attenborough: sending food to Africa is ‘barmy’ (thetimes.co.uk)
- David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population (southweb.org)
- Liberal Conspiracy: David Attenborough and other food facts about Africa you probably didn’t know (moonblogsfromsyb.wordpress.com)
- AUDIO: Attenborough’s warning on population (bbc.co.uk)
- Attenborough: Food aid to African famine is ‘barmy’ (itv.com)
- David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population (the-tap.blogspot.com)
- David Attenborough: Stop Feeding Third World Nations to Reduce Population! (catholicglasses.com)