Oil and gas pipeline (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
This is an excellent look behind the scenes at how Europe is probably scrambling to secure gas this winter to avoid risk of freezing. Check it out!
via Will Europe freeze without Russian gas?.
With Germany the biggest consumer of Russian gas, if I were a German consumer, I would start to be getting very worried and looking to Angela Merkel for some answers.
Here are some open questions for German consumers for Angela:
- How did we get in this mess, with the risk of serious energy shortages next Winter?
- Why doesn’t Germany and the European Commission (EC) have a contingency plan?
- Why is the German Government and the EC not open about the risks?
- Surely the EC has a publicly available energy strategy with robust risk assessment?
- What’s Germany and the EC doing to secure a share of new resources, like in Cyprus?
- What’s the impact on the German economy of all these sanctions?
- Should we be listening to the World’s economist, like Paul Krugman, and following different economic policies in both Germany & Europe?