Where I might differ with Krugman and Dr Alf is in finding the money needed to effect growth, enterprise, exports and to fund infrastructure.
My approach would involve infrastructure bonds sold to Sovereign Wealth Funds and a lower tax system designed to keep capital onshore, rather than drive it away into cash mountains hidden in tax havens.
My approach to the EU for the UK would be to leave it, become a tax haven, make it attractive for wealthy foreigners to live here, freeze all other immigration other than for those with special skills, cut the Monarchy and the public sector down to size and export our way out of trouble.
- Mario and the Austerians – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- The Jobless Trap – NYTimes.com – Paul Krugman (dralfoldman.com)
- How Austerity Kills – Some Reflections – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Links for 11-10-2013 (economistsview.typepad.com)
- We Were Middle-Class Once, And Young – Paul Krugman – NYT (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- What’s In The Ryan Plan? – Paul Krugman NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Dr Alf’s Two Cents: Inflation Nation Not – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- The 1 Percent’s Solution – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Who’s Very Important? – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)