This video provides an interesting and extreme perspective.
Perhaps it’s time for Third Wave Neoliberalism offering a more caring perspective? First Wave covered Regan/Thatcher and Second Wave Clinton/Blair.
I would have expected Obama to be the natural sponsor of Third Wave Neoliberalism but in my view he has been disappointing.
Surely austerity at all costs does not make sense?
If you are interested, earlier in the year I was speculating on the following hypothetical question:
What do you think?
- Keynesian Myths and Illusions (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- How neoliberalism created an age of activism (egyptinrevolt.wordpress.com)
- Neoliberalism paradox and syndrome (knowledgepolicy.com)
- Against Neoliberalism (introtosociology.wordpress.com)
- Memo to #OccupyWallStreet: It’s Not Just Neoliberalism That’s Destroyed the Environment (treehugger.com)
- Understanding Unemployment (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- After Neoliberalism (slog.thestranger.com)
- Capitalism is the Enemy of Democracy (spillingink.net)
- How Does Capitalism Survive? (therightisalwayswrong.wordpress.com)
- Museum of Neoliberalism (slog.thestranger.com)