Check this article out for some insights into life in the UK on a national austerity budget. It’s expected to get worse before it gets better.
Regular readers of this blog will know that I have been banging on about austerity at all costs for most of last year.
Politicians have typically simply applied the bacon-slicer (or top-slicer) approach to Public Services and cost-cutting has fed directly into reduced public services and deteriorating quality.
- Sharp rise in social care fees a stealth tax – Labour – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Warning elderly care ‘in crisis’ (bbc.co.uk)
- National News: Social care ‘not fit for purpose’ (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Only social care reform will keep the NHS from its deathbed (telegraph.co.uk)
- Elderly people face rising cost of council services (guardian.co.uk)
- Ministers urged to seize chance to change social care – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Social care ‘not fit for purpose’ (independent.co.uk)
- Save care system, say campaigners (bbc.co.uk)
- ‘Sharp rise’ in social care fees (bbc.co.uk)
- National News: ‘Crisis’ warning over elderly care (coventrytelegraph.net)