This is an interesting article in today’s Telegraph. Check it out!
It raises a series of open questions:
- Why should the UK give extra money to Europe when France and other countries are publicly hostile to the UK’s best interests (nobody dare be hostile to Germany‘s best interests)?
- Should the UK given the extra billions with political strings attached?
- Should the UK channel the extra money via the IMF as part of say a G20 type initiative to avoid the funds being lost in the EU bureaucracy?
- Why should the UK not be more selfish and use the extra billions for UK investment instead?
- Britain may have to pay billions more into IMF, says George Osborne (guardian.co.uk)
- Will George Osborne dare to make scrapping the 50p rate a manifesto promise? (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns – Telegraph (sheffnersweb.net)
- George Osborne poised to bring in full banking reforms (telegraph.co.uk)
- Osborne signals more UK cash will be given to fund IMF bailouts (dailymail.co.uk)
- George Osborne snatches billions from families as Britain faces years of misery (mirror.co.uk)
- Eurozone ministers fail to create €1 trillion bail-out fund (telegraph.co.uk)
- Europe: UK refuses to give billions to save the euro (telegraph.co.uk)