This is an excellent article from George Osborne in today’s Daily Telegraph. Check it out!
There is a golden opportunity to be seized in Asia – Telegraph.
George Osborne’s upbeat visit to China, Japan and Hong Kong is brilliantly timed to distance him from the Euro contagion fears and confidently stress that the UK is open to business, whether it’s expanded trading in the Yuan (Chinese currency) or investing in replacing the UK’s aging infrastructure.
The UK will get a huge boost from hosting the Olympics this Summer – the French may fret that Paris failed to win against London.
If the Coalition Government can retain confidence of the markets and the UK public facing austerity until the Summer, is it just possible that the UK will have a very strong 2011 paving the way to recovery?
- Osborne admits extra billions could be handed over for foreign bail-outs – Telegraph (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Will George Osborne dare to make scrapping the 50p rate a manifesto promise? (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- George Osborne urges UK businesses to look beyond eurozone to Asia (guardian.co.uk)
- George Osborne: UK to be ‘home of Asian investment’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Treasury steps up efforts to turn City into renminbi trading centre (guardian.co.uk)
- Britain, HK to develop London as yuan trading hub (sfgate.com)
- George Osborne put in charge of bid to stop Scottish independence (mirror.co.uk)
- George Osborne urged to rethink reforms (telegraph.co.uk)