This is an interesting but rather sad article. Check it out!
As I get ready to travel overseas, reading articles like this will no doubt make me want to stay away longer.
I can remember when I first started working in the early seventies, I was working away from home in Darlington in the North East of the UK. I was unfortunately admitted to Darlington Memorial Hospital for a week with food poisoning.
My memories of the NHS Darlington Memorial Hospital are still vivid forty years later. What I especially remember is the cleanliness, the excellent nurses in their immaculate starched uniforms and the discipline and routine of hospital life. No doubt with years of statistics under Labour and cost cutting under the Coalition Government, I would probably be appalled if I went back.
It’s quite shocking when one thinks of the advances in medicine in forty years, just how much standards of basic care have probably declined.
- Adult Social Care – Reflections from John Gelmini (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- No funding crisis in social care, says minister (guardian.co.uk)
- Warning over social care costs (bbc.co.uk)
- Healthcare Rationing in UK – Health and Social Care Reform Bill unfit for purpose? (maturinuk.wordpress.com)
- Elderly ‘robbed of dignity’ by failing social care services – Telegraph (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Number of elderly taken to A&E soars to 1.2m, figures reveal (dailymail.co.uk)
- Ministers urged to seize chance to change social care – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- David Cameron orders merging of health and social care (guardian.co.uk)
- Care in crisis – urgent action needed (ageukblog.org.uk)
- State to help elderly downsize as Government tackles housing crisis – A Personal View from John Gelmini (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Integrating health and social care? We’ll see, Mr Cameron | David Brindle (guardian.co.uk)
- We can’t dodge the needed change to social care any longer (leftfootforward.org)
- Social care talks due this week (bbc.co.uk)
- One in four hospital patients ‘could be recovering at home’ (guardian.co.uk)