This is an interesting article from the Economix blog at the NYT. Check it out!
There seems to be a lot of focus in the media about the relative position in recent years of the super-rich, compared to the middle and lower classes. I am sure that this will steer democracies in their choice of future political leaders. Look at France, for example, Francois Hollande was welcomed by many middle and lower class voters because he represented a fundamental change from the elitism of Sarkozy.
What do you think?
- Economix Blog: The Agenda: A Closer Look at Middle Class Decline (economix.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Who’s Very Important? – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- The Class-Warfare Election – Paul Krugman- NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Our Ridiculous Approach to Retirement – NYTimes.com (drweb.typepad.com)
- Mitt’s Gray Areas – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Finance Capitalism – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)