This is a MUST READ article from Paul Krugman, Nobel Prize winning, liberal economist, writing in his Op-Ed blog published by the NYT. Check it out!
Greg Mankiw and the Gatsby Curve – NYTimes.com.
Personally, I strongly agree with Krugman’s article.
I remember than when I was a youngster in the 1960s, many people believed that with hard-work and education there was no limit to individual achievement. Of course, there were barriers, just like today but it seemed a more equal society. Today, wealth and privilege opens doors for the children of the privileged 1%; for the other 99% there are more and more glass ceilings.