Here is my selection of top news stories on the NHS
published in the last twenty-four hours. They are MUST READ articles, in my view.Check them out!
- Special report: ‘This can’t go on’ – NHS chiefs urge new debate on health service reforms – Health News – Health & Families – The Independent.
- NHS spends £435million making workers redundant during Tory-led reforms – Mirror Online.
- Why NHS 111 has to stay ‘risk-averse’ – and thus doesn’t save money | Colin Leys | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk.
- NHS 111 service hiring teenagers to offer medical advice, doctors claim – Mirror Online.
- Obesity bankrupting the NHS, warns peer – Telegraph.
- The practical, spin-free guide to funding the NHS | Jacky Davis | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk.
- BBC News – NHS ‘heading for £30bn funding gap’.
If you still need more convincing, take a very careful look at the Department of Health’s business plan for the next three years and also David Cameron’s vision for the future of NHS.
For me, the evidence is overwhelming; David Cameron‘s Government, the NHS bureaucrats, aided by expensive business consultants, have triggered the terminal meltdown of the NHS. Professionals, like doctors and nurses, will be increasingly marginalized and ineffective because of rising bureaucracy.
This leads me, very sadly, to the following open question:
Surely it’s time for UK political leaders to plan the replacement of the NHS based on Best Practice in other countries?
Any thoughts please?