This is an interesting article James Traub, published by Foreign Policy. In my view, it’s WORTH A READ.
via Time to Be Bold – By James Traub | Foreign Policy.
The article argues in favor of President Obama seizing the political initiative with Iran and using some of his political capital with the new Iranian President, Hassan Rouhani.
Personally, I am not convinced that this is a good idea. Why should the US take the initiative? Secondly, President Obama seems to have been remarkably slow in intervening in external, non-US, issues and I do not believe that this suggestion will appeal to President Obama’s risk averse personality.
- Obama taps Susan Rice as national security advisor | The Cable (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- Squeal Like a Pig | Foreign Policy (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- What Every Presidential Daily Briefing Should Include (theatlantic.com)
- Intervention Escalation – By James F. Jeffrey | Foreign Policy (dralfoldman.com)
- The Problem With the ‘Privacy Moderates’ (theatlantic.com)