This is an interesting article James Traub, published by Foreign Policy. In my view, it’s WORTH A READ.
Personally, I am not convinced that this is a good idea. Why should the US take the initiative? Secondly, President Obama seems to have been remarkably slow in intervening in external, non-US, issues and I do not believe that this suggestion will appeal to President Obama’s risk averse personality.
- Obama taps Susan Rice as national security advisor | The Cable (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- Squeal Like a Pig | Foreign Policy (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- What Every Presidential Daily Briefing Should Include (theatlantic.com)
- Intervention Escalation – By James F. Jeffrey | Foreign Policy (dralfoldman.com)
- The Problem With the ‘Privacy Moderates’ (theatlantic.com)