This article from the FT is WELL WORTH A READ. Check it out!
Boost for George Osborne as IMF backs ‘Plan A’ – FT.com.
Read the article carefully and you might come to the conclusion the same as I do that the IMF board has been nobbled by George Osborne and his austerist cronies.
It looks like IMF Chief Economist, Olivier Blanchard, who has Keynesian leanings, has been effectively gagged.
- Austerity: IMF 1, Osborne 0 | Editorial | Comment is free | The Guardian (dralfoldman.com)
- IMF renews call on UK to boost growth, but Osborne gets austerity backing (xe.com)
- IMF puts pressure on George Osborne with criticism of cuts | Business | guardian.co.uk (dralfoldman.com)
- Boost for George Osborne as IMF upgrades growth forecast (standard.co.uk)
- Osborne must try harder to drive recovery, warns IMF (thetimes.co.uk)
- guardian.co.uk | George Osborne prepares for battle with the IMF (dralfoldman.com)
- Dr Alf’s Two Cents: Against Stupidity, The IMF Itself Contends In Vain – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- The Eclipse of the Austerians (dralfoldman.com)
- Majority of IMF backs George Osborne’s austerity plan (telegraph.co.uk)
- IMF Cuts Global Growth Forecast (marketcurator.com)
Pingback: Osborne has now been proved wrong on austerity – Martin Wolf -FT.com « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: CBI doubles George Osborne’s economic growth forecast | Business | The Guardian « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: Three threats to Europe’s recovery – Editorial – FT.com « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: mainly macro: The MPC’s Forward Guidance – Simon Wren-Lewis « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: Eurozone should relieve the IMF – FT.com « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: UK ‘on the mend’ but with ‘long way to go’ – FT.com « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: Investors pour huge sums into US equity funds – FT.com « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: George Osborne unveils ‘most generous tax breaks in world’ for fracking | Politics | The Guardian « Dr Alf's Blog