This is an excellent, MUST- READ lead article from the Economist. Check it out!
Youth unemployment in Europe: Guaranteed to fail | The Economist.
Personally, I agree with most of the arguments put forward by the Economist. However, I would stress that Southern Europe also needs bold demand management intervention and a financial stimulus which gets finance to small businesses.
- The euro crisis: Europe bleeds out | The Economist (dralfoldman.com)
- Southern Europe’s Potential Brain Drain (thehumantsunami.wordpress.com)
- Angela Merkel: youth unemployment is most pressing problem facing Europe | World news | guardian.co.uk (dralfoldman.com)
- OECD sounds alarm on growing emergency over youth unemployment (business.financialpost.com)
- Chart of the Day: Unemployment in Europe is Catastrophically High and Still Getting Worse (motherjones.com)
- Press Release – Statement by President Barroso at the joint Press Conference following the Round table on Youth Employment in Europe (dralfoldman.com)
- Florida Versus Spain, An Update – Paul Krugman – NYTimes.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Record unemployment, low inflation underline Europe’s pain (news.yahoo.com)
- Rising Unemployment is Long-Term – The Dream of Socialism is Over (armstrongeconomics.com)
- Europe’s Youth Unemployment: Scariest Graph in the World Just Got Scarier (theatlantic.com)
Reblogged this on Dr Alf's Blog and commented:
Looking back, this is worth a read. It’s one of our most popular blogs
Pingback: Top Seven Blogs – Last Seven Days « Dr Alf's Blog