This article published by the Social Europe Journal is WELL WORTH A READ. Check it out!
With proposals from the Italian Trade Unions, I was expecting a series of progressive solutions, using the state to support social measures. However, I was surprised at the intellectual strength of some of the arguments. The UK’s Labour Party or the current Government in France could perhaps use this article as a “strawman” proposal for prioritizing economic policies?
- Germany Has Created An Accidental Empire – Ulrich Beck – Social Europe Journal (dralfoldman.com)
- Three myths about the popularity and relevance of trade unions and Labour (liberalconspiracy.org)
- Labour risks bankruptcy over trade union reforms, says Len McCluskey (telegraph.co.uk)
- A Truly ‘Brave’ Decision: How Much Will Ed Miliband’s ‘Mend-Not-End’ Plan on the Trade Union Link Cost Labour? (vividhope.com)
- Sleepwalking in the Labour Party (theworldturnedupsidedownne.wordpress.com)
- Blair backs bid to cut union link (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- GMB says members won’t join Labour (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- What do unions get for giving money to Labour? (socialistworker.co.uk)
- Miliband aiming to ‘mend not end’ relationship with trade unions, says Peter Hain (walesonline.co.uk)
- Bob Crow to unions: form new labour party (guardian.co.uk)