China will get more trade from other countries as it and they grow.
The countries that will do the most business with China are the ones whose leaders recognize reality, practice realpolitik and who say the difficult things that need to be said quietly and in private.
Cameron style megaphone diplomacy will not and does not work, which is why after nearly a year, the Foreign Office have just got the Chinese Government to agree to receive David Cameron and unlock nearly £8 billion gbp in trade and contracts which had been held up by them because of his and Nick Clegg’s insistence on seeing the Dalhai Lama last year.
Tibet has been part of China for more than 1000 years in much the same way as my own county of Hertfordshire and the Isle of Wight is part of the United Kingdom.
We lack the military power to tell other countries what to do, even in the case of small countries like Syria, whose regime David Cameron dislikes.
Therefore we should put trade, exports,job creation and the prosperity of our people first, middle and last and stop lecturing, pontificating and deliberately upsetting people who are much more powerful and influential than we are.
Chancellor Merkel runs a country which actually works which has growth, exports and rising prosperity for its people and as a former nuclear physicist has the intellectual credentials to gain the respect of the Chinese to the point where she can influence them to operate differently and more emolliently from behind the scenes.
David Cameron’s way of doing things gets us nowhere and in addition his positions on global tax avoidance are going to drive more multinationals offshore leading to job losses which is why the Conservative Party needs to be rid of him now before he can do further damage.
Such a man is also a liability for the entire country and must be replaced as a matter of urgency with someone like Boris Johnson who has a formidable intellect, an understanding of ancient cultures, the need for diversity in the modern world, a proper grasp of where this country’s interests lie and knows how to engage with people at all levels in a way which allows them to retain face.
- Why David Cameron is the Barrier to Increasing UK Exports to BRICS Countries – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Political Snakes and Ladders: Peter Obone, Lord Ashcroft and David Cameron – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- David Cameron, Gay Marriage and the Decline in UK Traditional Family Life: John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Why UK Chancellor George Osborne will not be allowed to use the axe on the Public Sector – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Increasingly Tory MPs must worry about life after the next election – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at Prism, China and Global Privacy – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Cancer in over 65s predicted to treble by 2040 – John Gelmini’s viewpoint (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at Individual Liberty in the David Cameron’s UK – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- UK Decline and EU Membership: Response to Lord Heseltine – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Is UK unemployment in reality the worst in Europe? – John A Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)