This is an excellent, MUST READ article, by Will Hutton in the Observer. Check it out!
The article highlights, once again, how housing issues are impacting mobility and matching people to jobs. It also focuses on weaknesses in Government policy over the last twenty years, making some excellent recommendations. I broadly endorse Will Hutton’s suggestions but wonder about whom he was thinking when he referred to “political cowardice”?
What about you?
- Political cowardice stops us from solving our wretched housing crisis | Will Hutton (guardian.co.uk)
- Ignore the hype: Britain’s ‘recovery’ is a fantasy that hides our weakness | Will Hutton | Comment is free | The Observer (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at UK Economic Recovery Fantasy and Strategic Weakness – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Local elections: Ukip surge gives all parties cause for concern | Observer editorial | Comment is free | The Observer (dralfoldman.com)
- Banking scandal: our whole society has been warped by the City | Observer editorial | Comment is free | The Observer (dralfoldman.com)
- Dr David Kelly: 10 years on, death of scientist remains unresolved for some (guardian.co.uk)
- Meanwhile, speaking of class… back in the UK, and no doubt appearing here soon… (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Dr Alf’s Two Cents: Even Labour has set its sights on pensioners | Ros Altmann | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk (dralfoldman.com)