This is an excellent MUST READ article by Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in the Telegraph.
via Syria: David Cameron’s fairly honourable defeat – Telegraph.
I agree that David Cameron’s defeat has demonstrated that UK Parliamentary democracy still prevails. Personally, I do not agree that Cameron’s defeat has been “fairly honourable”; sadly, it’s just the latest of many omnishambles, in my view.
- David Cameron humiliated – the national newspaper reaction to his defeat (theguardian.com)
- Syria defeat: What next for David Cameron? (blogs.spectator.co.uk)
- Syria Commons defeat for David Cameron is humbling for him but wonderful for democracy (mirror.co.uk)
- UK Leader David Cameron Loses Preliminary Vote on Syria in Stunning Defeat for Government (abcnews.go.com)
- US ready to act alone as UK rejects Syria strike (dralfoldman.com)
- Front pages: Cameron suffers shock Syria defeat (itv.com)
- UK Commons Votes No on Syria: Blow to Cameron (themoderatevoice.com)
- Cameron has not made case for fracking, say grassroots activists – Telegraph (dralfoldman.com)
- Dan Hodges Quits Labour Over Syria (order-order.com)
- Cameron is in crisis (autonomousmind.wordpress.com)