Read first hand what the IMF thinks France needs to do to improve her competitiveness. It’s HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, in my view. Check it out!
Personally, I have long been of the opinion that France has been living on borrowed time, with life style not compatible with economic reality. Most importantly, I think that Francois Hollande’s Government has made matters worse.
Of course, the dagger has been thrust by Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the IMF, and former French Finance Minister. Is this a veiled signal that Lagarde might have political ambitions in France?
- IMF Chief Christine Lagarde to Sarkozy: “Use me” (tallbloke.wordpress.com)
- IMF asks France to slow adjustment pace for growth (vancouverdesi.com)
- Egypt says US welcomes resumption of IMF talks (worldbulletin.net)
- IMF’s Lagarde says confident Japan will stick by reform pledges (xe.com)
- IMF counting on Europe to help Greece slash debt (nzherald.co.nz)
- Lagarde responds to Anastasiades’ letter (cyprus-mail.com)
- France urged to ease off on adjustment, back growth (independent.ie)
- IMF: France slowed by labor law, public spending (nzherald.co.nz)
- Christine Lagarde, IMF, in financial scandal (youthandeldersja.wordpress.com)
- The IMF is always such a downer (forexlive.com)