- Wealth Inequality in UK Now Equal to Nigeria, UN Report (teessideaag.wordpress.com)
- Wealth Inequality in UK Now Equal to Nigeria, UN Report (welfaretales.wordpress.com)
- Wealth Inequality in UK Now Equal to Nigeria, UN Report (sparaszczukster.wordpress.com)
- How much has UK austerity cost (so far)? Simon Wren-Lewis – Mainly Macro (dralfoldman.com)
- Escalated Thatcherism in Britain (thepeoplesvoice.org)
- Escalated Thatcherism in Britain (indybay.org)
- Welsh workers face ‘cost of living crisis’ as real-term wages fall £1,669 in a year, Labour claims (walesonline.co.uk)
- Nigeria, Britain in likely diplomatic row over ‘high-risk tourists’ (worldbulletin.net)
- UK inequality rising more quickly than under Thatcher – report (rt.com)
- Austerity and Demoralization by Robert J. Shiller – Project Syndicate (dralfoldman.com)
The UK has been sliding down the UN Human Development Report since 1991, and by 1996 became the most unequal nation in the developed world . The gap between rich and poor in UK society has risen sharply during the leadership of the Coalition government, yet long before these people got power, the gap between rich and poor in UK society was equal to Nigeria, with the poorest here living on roughly the same as their counterparts in Hungary and Korea.
Inequality, Inequality, Inequality
The 1996 and 2013 reports makes truly depressing reading, but should come as no surprise to those warning of exactly these results from ideological austerity policies.
View original post 1,081 more words