I thank Dr Alf for reblogging the article entitled “Wealth Inequality in UK Now Equal to Nigeria, UN Report“, citing latest UN evidence. Here are my views on this trend.
This is unfortunately part of a process which has been going on for a very long time and will continue until people say enough is enough or as Bertrand Russell predicted when he was alive, the public would effectively become two different species separated by a gap so large it could never be bridged.
The gap between a “Master of the Universe” and someone on average pay is now 1000 to 1 and is still widening to 450 to 1 in the case of Times 1000 CEOs and Hedge Fund Managers.
Effectively, it would ultimately mean a return to a form of latter-day feudalism with a small number of jet setting plutocrats living in gated communities and guarded by private security guards and a small cadre of staffers and minders assisting them.
Everyone else would live in a state of quasi anarchy with a few very large police stations and marauding bands of criminals and benefit recipients roaming at will but not living very long.
Middle class people will have either emigrated or disappeared.
Usually when societies get too unequal they fall apart as we saw with the Roman Empire and most other Empires in the past.
We and America are part of an Empire of white Western nations which includes the Commonwealth which is run by placemen and stooges who do our bidding in their countries which form the secret part of the Empire.
David Cameron and the Coalition are just another set of people tasked with impoverishing the majority and enriching those at the top.
It is now more noticeable because of the recession and the deliberate failure to deal with the problems within the economy.
In America, similar forces exist but they are matched by Americans who want to fix the economy with fracking, infrastructure building and exporting and a people who despite everything have a dynamism we now lack in this country.
The UK is in the thrall of the proponents of the Malthusian doctrine and those who are against machines, computers, roads, airports, fracking, energy self-sufficiency, industrialization or ordinary people making progress.
These people, many of them Druids, Gnostics, Satanists, ecological warriors and proponents of Global Warming would be happy to see de-industrialization and the bulk of the population tugging their forelocks and running around in smocks.
- Is flying still dying? George Monbiot still says it is. (treehugger.com)
- George Monbiot: Why humans should back off and let nature heal itself (cbc.ca)
- Alzheimer’s could be the most catastrophic impact of junk food | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian (dralfoldman.com)
- How can we invest our trust in a state that spies on us? | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Ever Heard of George Monbiot? (dominionoflight.com)
- Why humans should back off and let nature heal itself (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- National Columnist’s Man Wilder: An Interview With George Monbiot (logicandsins.wordpress.com)
- Three big ideas: Monbiot, Murray and Dark Mountain (theunsungworld.wordpress.com)
- George Monbiot’s new book Feral begs the question of how we could recapture our long lost wildernesses (socialistworker.co.uk)
- GMOs can bring Owen Paterson and George Monbiot together (anewnatureblog.wordpress.com)