This article takes a very hard look at Angela Merkel‘s performance since the financial crisis of 2008. The conclusion is that Angela Merkel has bungled policies to appeal to popular German support, without confronting reality and risk to Germany’s European allies and partners in Southern Europe, including France.
Personally, I am still hopeful that Chancellor Angela Merkel will face up to her responsibilities once she wins the election in September; she’s seems the the favorite to win, unless there is a disaster.
- DerSpiegel – Jürgen Habermas – Merkel’s European Failure: Germany Dozes On A Volcano – 10 August 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Anti Euro Party Alternative for Germany a Growing Problem for Merkel – SPIEGEL ONLINE (dralfoldman.com)
- German Government to Test Stimulus Instead of Austerity – SPIEGEL ONLINE (dralfoldman.com)
- 2013 German Election: SPD Under Pressure to Pick Merkel Challenger – SPIEGEL ONLINE (dralfoldman.com)
- Jurgen Habermas: Solidarity is the only way for Europe (syneidesys.wordpress.com)
- German Press Says Extended EU Recession Shows Austerity Ineffective – SPIEGEL ONLINE (dralfoldman.com)
- Angela Merkel: youth unemployment is most pressing problem facing Europe | World news | guardian.co.uk (dralfoldman.com)
- UPDATE 1-Bundesbank report on Greece raises pressure on Merkel (uk.reuters.com)
- Merkel Returns From Vacation to Defend Her Lead Ahead of Vote (bloomberg.com)