This is quite amazing story reported in the Mail Online. It’s a MUST READ article in my view. Check it out!
Personally, I am pro-monarchy and respect Prince Charles right to share his views both privately and publicly. However, the number of visits does suggest that this is a lobbying campaign. For sure, a similar number of visits by a prominent businessman would have been severely questioned as lobbying.
Whilst I share some of Prince Charles views concerning climate change, rural affairs and alternative medicine, I feel that these must be subjects for public debate not lobbying ministers opinions. Given the dire state of the UK economy and society because of excessive austerity from David Cameron’s Government, this becomes a pivotal issue.
Let me ask an open question:
How can the Government assure the UK Public and Parliament that they have not changed policy as a result of confidential discussions with Prince Charles?
- Prince Charles and his 36 private meetings with cabinet ministers (theguardian.com)
- Prince Charles has held 36 private meetings with Cabinet ministers since last election (telegraph.co.uk)
- Prince Charles has held 36 private summits with Cabinet ministers in lobbying campaign since election (dailymail.co.uk)
- Prince Charles facing political ‘meddling’ claims (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Was Prince Charles meddling, or simply doing his duty? (itv.com)
- Prince Charles Facing ‘Meddling’ Claims (abcnews.go.com)
- Prince Charles holds 36 private meetings with Coalition ministers since election (mirror.co.uk)
- Prince Charles faces scrutiny by MPs over alleged lobbying (theguardian.com)
- Charles holds 36 meetings with ministers (thetimes.co.uk)
- King Prawn (chrisspivey.co.uk)