Open this link for an excellent article by Melanie Phillips on the weakness of the Western military intervention in Syria, in response to the widespread use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime against the rebels in Syria. This is an EXCELLENT MUST READ article, in my view.
This is one of the best analyses that I have seen on this emerging crisis, focusing on the flawed judgment of UK Prime Minister, David Cameron and naivety of US President, Barack Obama. The article correctly focuses on Iran being the overall strategic threat and questions the wisdom of the tactical intervention in Syria.
Personally, I can empathize strongly with this viewpoint. I worry about the judgement and leadership of both David Cameron and Barrack Obama.
- Self-serving posturing over Syria Posted by Melanie Phillips (dralfoldman.com)
- Memory Hole Dredged: Melanie Phillips’ 2008 Article on Obama (teapartyeconomist.com)
- Obama And Top Officials Made At Least 88 Calls To Foreign Leaders About Syria (huffingtonpost.com)
- MELANIE PHILLIPS: An unholy war in the Guides and why we must ALL fight the secular bigots (thisismoney.co.uk)
- MELANIE PHILLIPS: An unholy war in the Guides and why we must ALL fight the secular bigots (dailymail.co.uk)
- Obama: No decision yet on Syria strike (aljazeera.com)
- Obama,may be forced to back down on Syria (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- PM on the phone over Syria crisis (news.smh.com.au)
- Why Is Barack Obama Leaking Syria Plans? (aconservativeedge.wordpress.com)
- Syria to let UN inspect attack site (bbc.co.uk)