There is no legal case whatsoever because the Assad regime enjoys the confidence of 2/3rd’s of his people and the violence originally came from outside using American, British and French special forces to arm and train assorted Muslim fanatics financed by Arab dictatorships like Saudi Arabia and Qatar which are hardly models of democracy and tolerance.
Effectively we are attempting to invade Syria using proxy forces and mercenaries to usurp a nasty but legitimate Government that stands in our way of bigger geo-strategic objectives, namely controlling Eurasia.
The case strengthening that Dr Alf refers to is only possible if Bashir Assad commits so many war crimes that he loses his mandate to govern and his people decide to overthrow him.
Regardless of what he has supposedly done, that has not happened so Syrians must be left alone to determine what happens in their own country.
What will happen in practice is that the case will not be strengthened but we will pretend it has been on the basis of fabricated evidence as happened with Iraq and Vietnam, 20 years ago and 50 years ago respectively.
- A Hard Look at UK Defense Spending – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at Western Military Intervention in Syria: John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- The Case against further Western Intervention in Syria – A personal view from John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Austerity Economics Politics Riots and War: Aug 1914 Parallels for Summer 2013 – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- How the Western economies should effectively respond to the Chinese economic powerhouse – John A Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Syria, Chemical Weapons and Military Intervention: A Personal View – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at Spying, Personal Freedom, and the Moral High Ground – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Syria, Cameron, UK Parliament and Risks of Military Action – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Liberal Conspiracy: Western intervention in Syria? I wish it actually was (moonblogsfromsyb.wordpress.com)