This article is WELL WORTH A READ.
- Israel fears being left alone to counter Iran nuclear programme – FT.com (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Disarm Israel of nuclear weapons – an Israeli breaks a taboo (redressonline.com)
- Wink on the way to a bomb (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Disarm Israel of nuclear weapons (ynetnews.com)
- Syria Crisis Minimizing Israeli Confidence in U.S. on Iran Nuclear Issue (algemeiner.com)
- Wink on the way to a bomb (ynetnews.com)
- Lindsey Graham says not bombing Syria will cause Iran-Israel war ‘within six months’ (dailykos.com)
- Syria Crisis Yet to Derail Iran Nuclear Talks (ipsnews.net)
- walnuts on israeli tv (niqnaq.wordpress.com)
- Israel fears US leaving it alone to stop Iran nuclear programme – FT.com (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
When Barack Obama visited Israel in March, he made a speech in Jerusalem – virtuosic in parts and cloying in others – meant to endear him to an Israeli public which felt it neither knew nor trusted him much.
Atem lo levad (“You are not alone”), the US president intoned in American-accented Hebrew, channelling the same spirit of solidarity that John F. Kennedy invoked when he declared “Ich bin ein Berliner” in blockaded West Berlin in 1963.
Israelis are now recalling Mr Obama’s speech ruefully after his decision to refer any military action against Syria to Congress. Asked afterwards about how the decision made them feel, many offered up this word: “alone”.
Their worry is not that Israel is being…
View original post 649 more words