Herman Van Rompuy is in the same mould as Neil Kinnock, the former Labour leader, who became an EC Commissioner, along with his wife Glenys, to earn about £500,000 gbp a year between them.
Over the past 18 years the EU’s accounts have never been signed off in their entirety and for most years have not been signed off at all.This is because of accounting errors, fraud and outright theft of taxpayers money.For example, in one year, the Mafia allegedly misappropriated all the money set aside for Venice’s flood defenses, in another German farmers paid to not grow apples carried on growing them anyway and simply took the money.
In the UK, people who make their money in the City or from business buy farms, never do any farming and claim EU subsidies for not growing things whilst basically living in the main house as a country home and selling off spare land to property developers and barn converters.
The UK is a nett contributor to the EU budget of circa £12 billion gbp a year and in my view does not get value for money on its investment even without the obvious criminality and fraud that Herman Van Rompuy wants to hide.
There are 3 obvious solutions to this:
1) Reform the EU, root out fraud criminality and skulduggery, prosecute, try, convict and punish the criminals concerned and introduce transparency
2) Leave the EU altogether, scale back the Monarchy to its core and become a tax haven in our own right
3) Rejoin EFTA and take back powers ceded to the EU,lower taxes to more attractive levels
Of these, I prefer Option 3 because it would stop the UK taxpayer being plundered and it would increase our prosperity through inward investment and no wasting money on military adventurism in countries where we have no business.
In addition, it would allow us to abolish the Barnett Formula and save £35 billion gbp a year
Sadly this will not happen.
Instead is that we will remain with the EU unreformed, the Barnett Formula will remain because Alex Salmond is not trusted by most Scots and will lose his vote for an independent Scotland.
With our “first past the post system” this,according to Lord Ashcroft,s private polling will result in certain defeat for the Conservatives unless they form a new Coalition, thus letting the hapless and un-telegenic Miliband in by default.
But as long as people like Herman Van Rompuy and Catherine Ashton are around and the EU technocrats mindsets remain unchanged ,I fear that he along with many others who favor Britain,s EU membership but seek radical reform,is going to have his hopes dashed.
- EU president Herman Van Rompuy muzzles auditors and tells them to tone down criticism | Mail Online (dralfoldman.com)
- EU auditors must tone down criticism of Brussels spending, says Herman Van Rompuy (telegraph.co.uk)
- EU auditors must tone down criticism of Brussels spending, says Herman Van Rompuy (engineeringevil.com)
- Stalin would be so proud…. (iseveryonescrazybutme.wordpress.com)
- ‘More nuanced’ Top Eurocrat calls for EU waste cover-up to improve image with voters (express.co.uk)
- EU auditors must tone down criticism of Brussels spending, says Herman Van Rompuy (oneworldchronicle.com)
- EU president Herman Van Rompuy muzzles auditors and tells them to tone down criticism (thisismoney.co.uk)
- EU president Herman Van Rompuy muzzles auditors and tells them to tone down criticism (dailymail.co.uk)
- Fury at EU boss plea for budget whitewash (express.co.uk)
- EU sides with Russia’s Putin, urges against US ‘military solution’ in Syria (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)