I thank Dr Alf for reblogging the Spiegel article entitled “Commentary: Putin Sees Syria as Fight Against Islamist Extremism“. Here are my thoughts:
They are funded by Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia which is a country funding the building of mosques and the stirring up of terrorists all over the world.
Those terrorists will one day turn on us and the rest of the democratic world and as their birthrate is so much higher than the birthrate in the developed world they will in future years outnumber us.
To deal with the contagion, we need to look at the feudal regimes of the Middle Eastern oil sheiks and either reform them or replace them with secular Governments.
By trying to topple the odious Bashir Assad and effect regime change in Iran and eventually Russia , North Korea and China we are hastening the growth of the Caliphate which Saudi Arabia and Qatar want as well as assisting Turkey which wants to recreate a secular version of its old Sultanate and become a member of the EC.
We need Russia and China to act as a counterweight to these Caliphate creating ambitions in their own countries through a sensible balance of power which is sufficiently durable to prevent major wars, particularly in the Middle East, the Balkans, the South China Sea and the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
Policymakers within the PNAC, the UK, France and Israel need to think more carefully about this bigger emerging picture which has the potential to cause much more harm to our interests than a Bashir Assad or a troublesome Iran could ever cause.
- The Western Military Intervention in Syria: further thoughts – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- The wisdom of the Chinese view on Western intervention in Syria – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Commentary: Putin Sees Syria as Fight Against Islamist Extremism – SPIEGEL ONLINE (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Some thoughts on Putin’s op-ed article in the NYT – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Understanding context of Iran’s Rouhani posible meeting Obama at UN – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- I disagree with Senator McCain on US policy on Syria – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- The UK and the new geopolitical reality – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Syria, Chemical Weapons and Military Intervention: A Personal View – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Reflections on US military officers’ deep doubts about impact and wisdom of a US strike on Syria – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)