This is an interesting, RECOMMENDED READ, in the Spectator. Check it out!
As I read this article, I was troubled at the idea of the media being so close to Government; in my mind, it corrupts the natural checks and balances in society, especially given the Labour Party’s weakness in opposition. I got really interested when the article focused on Finkelstein and George Osborne.
Earlier this morning, I reblogged an excellent article by Martin Wolf in the FT, citing the mounting evidence that Osborne’s austerity policies had been wrong. I questioned why the media had been tardy to highlight the omni-shambles of of George Osborne’s economic policies?
- Osborne has now been proved wrong on austerity – Martin Wolf -FT.com (dralfoldman.com)
- George Osborne is the king of “black holes”. So why does he attack Labour? (blogs.spectator.co.uk)
- New figures cast doubt on George Osborne’s claims that Coalition austerity programme has been vindicated (independent.co.uk)
- George Osborne’s round the bend if he thinks Britain’s turned a corner (mirror.co.uk)
- George Osborne’s strategic mind? Long may it continue to whirr | Polly Toynbee | Comment is free | The Guardian (dralfoldman.com)
- Why is George Osborne standing up for bankers’ bonuses? (itv.com)
- George Osborne hits back on cost of living and trashes Plan B (blogs.spectator.co.uk)
- George Osborne is staying put but who would the public choose to move on? ” Spectator Blogs (dralfoldman.com)
- Osborne: I’ll close the north/south spending divide (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Martin Wolf: David Cameron and George Osborne in the Bunker (delong.typepad.com)