In fairness to the Welsh Government, they have tried to encourage inward investment from India, China, Brazil and places outside of the EC but they need to raise their game massively.
Welsh as a language is only spoken by 20% of Welsh people who is 600,000 people, so as a language it is useless for exporting, employability abroad and Wales paying its way.
Personally, I would never have allowed devolution with its costly Parliaments and Assemblies and Welsh and Gaelic are languages that belong in a museum and should have no place in schools.
Now they are an expensive and unnecessary fact of life.
The top languages in order of importance other than English are Mandarin, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese followed by Spanish and possibly German for people planning to operate in Europe.
The BBC could be playing its part in imparting these language skills but does nothing except overpay its useless presenters and create dumbed down programming such as “Strictly Come Dancing“,”East Enders” and endless repeats.
The licence fee should be abolished and the BBC made to earn its way through subscription.
The Welsh, particularly their “Taffia” ruling elite, need a wake up call via the abolition of the Barnett Formula.
Then they would be forced to deal with reality and start paying their way without subsidies.
Will this happen anytime soon.?
It is most unlikely because the average English taxpayer does not know the true cost of the Barnett Formula.
- BBC News – Business in Wales must tap into emerging markets, says trade group (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Machiavelli’s memo to Cameron ex Economist – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at UK Austerity and Correcting the Mistaken Lessons of History – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion – Failure on immigration will cost the Tories dear – Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Sino-German strategic relations and investment in Cyprus offshore gas and oil? – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Some thoughts on the UK, Empire and geopolitical reality – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: US Treasury starts last measures to preserve borrowing authority ex Reuters – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Rise in obesity poses ‘dementia time bomb’ – Some Solutions – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion – ICTs and the Health Sector | OECD READ edition – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)