The name of “Bonesman” (Member of Yale University’s “Skull and Bones Society“), John Kerry and William Hague, the former dwarf-like, McKinsey consultant, need to be put forward to the Guinness Book of Records forthwith, so that they can be included in the next edition of that unique publication.
In both cases, there seems to be a serious disconnect between the words they utter, and actual events on the ground whether it is Syria, Palestine, Iraq, China, South Korea, Europe or events in Africa.
This is partially due to blatant bias and continual misreporting of World events by the BBC and by certain American news-channels but in all cases the truth is obscured by these so called Foreign Secretaries not correcting the misinformation and in many cases repeating it.
By comparison, Sergai Lavrov in Russia is informed, very well briefed, very experienced and frighteningly direct when he wants to be.
Little wonder then that the Chinese regard the Wests’ leaders and spokespersons on foreign affairs as “children playing in a sandpit”.
Russia has its own views but it is clear to anyone with eyes to see that we are disadvantaged in our global affairs by fielding bumbling amateurs led by weak and vacillating leaders, like Obama, Cameron, Hollande, who are individually and collectively not up to the job.
We need as “the Donald”, puts it, tough, very smart people who understand realpolitik, have been around the block several times and who are informed and accomplished negotiators, statesmen and stateswoman who command respect.
People like Angela Merkel and Sergei Lavrov have that sort of gravitas and command respect wherever they go.
We in the UK, once had people like Harold MacMillan to represent the country but now we have a perpetually holiday-making, Angry Birds playing, sorry excuse for a Prime Minister.
America has produced many great Presidents but Obama is not one of them, so what we see is a
of these important roles at precisely the time when we need much better people to be dealing with Xi Ping, Vladimir Putin, the Prime Minister of India and other up and coming nations with which we have to compete.
- Opinion: Sergey Lavrov: an essential new voice has emerged in world affairs – Peter Oborne ex Telegraph Blogs (dralfoldman.com)
- Some thoughts on US foreign policy and evidence – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Will Senator McCain’s op-ed article in Pravda be another own goal for US? – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Kerry: We’re Mindful of Israel’s Security Needs (israelnationalnews.com)
- Opinion: 33pc leap in first-time buyers ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Kerry: Diplomatic Window `Cracking Open’ on Iran (voanews.com)
- John Kerry says window for nuclear diplomacy with Iran is ‘cracking open’ (theguardian.com)
- US Secretary of State John Kerry says window for diplomacy with Iran over nuclear program is ‘cracking open’ – @AP (abcnews.go.com)