Although some conspiracy theorists and fundamentalist Christian sects talk about a “Future Fuehrer” who will unite Europe before Armageddon I see no immediate evidence for his arrival at the head of a European style “Tea Party”.
Currently, in Europe, we have an eclectic bunch of Right Wing politicians, each pursuing unique agendas, such as Geert Wilders in Holland, Umberto Bossi and Mussolini’s daughter in Italy, Nick Griffin of the BNP in the UK and Le Pen’s daughter in France.
As yet, things have got to get a lot worse than they are now before a demagogue with rabble rousing capability can find his voice and pick out a single /multiple group to blame and then unite everyone under one party.
- Watch out for the rise of a European Tea Party – Gideon Rachman – FT.com (dralfoldman.com)
- US shutdown: a radical Republican triumph | Gideon Rachman – FT (dralfoldman.com)
- The politics of Andy Murray’s victory | Gideon Rachman – FT (dralfoldman.com)
- Why I shifted sides in the UK’s civil war over Europe – FT.com – Gideon Rachman (dralfoldman.com)
- A gaffe-prone Japan is a danger to peace in Asia – Gideon Rachman – FT.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Zimbabwe poachers kill 80 elephants ex theguardian.com -John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion – Betrayal of elderly on social care costs ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion – Why Only Republicans Can Save Us From the Tea Party ex Washington Monthly – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)