Dr Alf poses an interesting hypothetical question but the reality is that the BBC is incapable of “balanced reporting” because of the left-wing backgrounds of their reporters, editors, program makers, Director Generals and interviewers.
It is broadly favorable to the ideals of the Fabian Society, Common Purpose, the Club of Rome and the Bilderberg Conference which it attends each year but never reports on.
The licence fee is an anachronism and the BBC’s output far from being the best in the world is increasingly vacuous and trivial whilst the organisation is bloated, full of grossly overpaid people in non jobs or possessed of no talent.
In addition, it is overstaffed and favors closet socialists, like Miliband, who like the idea of a muzzled press and a cheerleader for the Labour Party.
The BBC which is incapable of meaningful reform, is in daily abrogation of its charter and is run by an out of touch “Board of Governors ” and an even more out of touch “BBC Trust.
It is an outmoded institution which has had its day and which should have its licence fee revoked rather than cut as Grant Shapps suggests.
The BBC which makes boastful claims for itself should be forced to sell its services by subscription.
If the BBC is as popular as it likes to pretend then people will pay and watch/listen and if not then it will have to fund itself through advertising like other channels or go out of business.
- Minister’s TV licence fee threat – Telegraph (dralfoldman.com)
- BBC licence fee threat: Greg Dyke hits back at Tory chairman (theguardian.com)
- TV licence fee may be cut – Shapps (bbc.co.uk)
- Tory Minister warns BBC to change or prepare for licence fee ‘cut’ (independent.co.uk)
- Grant Shapps questions BBC’s entitlement to licence fee (theguardian.com)
- I Tories avvisano #BBC: perdera’ canone 3,6 bn a scadenza contratto di servizio senza svolta su conti-trasparenza. http://t.co/JuLrkJ4eeo (telegraph.co.uk)
- BBC could lose licence fee funding for ‘crown jewel’ sports events (telegraph.co.uk)
- Build trust or face licence fee cut, BBC warned (scotsman.com)
- Shapps slams BBC ‘secrecy culture’ (standard.co.uk)
- MPs attack BBC’s ‘poll tax’ licence fee (express.co.uk)
Pingback: Opinion: BBC’s six-year cover-up of secret ‘green propaganda’ training for top executives-Mail Online-John Gelmini « Dr Alf's Blog
Pingback: Opinion: Iain Duncan Smith has lost touch with reality on the Universal Credit – Telegraph – John Gelmini « Dr Alf's Blog