This is an excellent, MUST READ editorial from the FT. Check it out!
In my view, the article is balanced and highlights the risk of over-reacting to this major breach of trust. It concludes that energies still need to be concentrated on spying activities of Russia and China.
- If Obama Didn’t Know About Merkel Spying, What Was It For? (rinf.com)
- Allegation of U.S. Spying on Merkel Puts Obama at Crossroads – NYTimes.com (globaldiplomacy.wordpress.com)
- Atlantic trade deal at risk from NSA bugging Angela Merkel phone (telegraph.co.uk)
- Spooks throw Obama under the bus: He knew about Merkel spying since 2010 (boingboing.net)
- Merkel Denounces “Spying Among Friends” (world.time.com)
- NSA Denies Obama Knew About Merkel Spying, Despite Reports (news.softpedia.com)
- Report: Obama aware of Merkel spying since 2010 (news.yahoo.com)
- Spying on allies harms US: Swiss president (channelnewsasia.com)
- US bugged Merkel’s phone from 2002 until 2013, report claims (damilolaakindoyin.wordpress.com)
- Merkel arrives in ‘007’ at EU summit amid US spying row (itv.com)