This morning I spotted that UK Chancellor, George Osborne was crowing about his record on tax evasion on his Twitter micro blog. This prompted me to use Storify to identify what was trending on George Osborne and tax evasion. Check it out below?
Looking at the Storify cited articles, there was not too much coverage from the mainstream media. Also there was not too much focus on the strategy, plan or potential windfall from tackling tax evasion.
This prompts me to offer a related open question:
Why are George Osborne and the HMRC not publishing a strategy, plan and quantifying the potential windfall from effectively tackling tax evasion of the wealthy and the multi-nationals?
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, in China (with images, tweets) – hmtreasury – Storify (dralfoldman.com)
- Watch out you Cayman Island sunbathers, UK’s Osborne is after you (forexlive.com)
- George Osborne hit with barrage of abuse within seconds of joining Twitter (metro.co.uk)
- George Osborne dashes hopes of tax cuts as he focuses on cutting borrowing (telegraph.co.uk)
- George Osborne warns coalition to resist pressure to lower living costs (theguardian.com)
- News story: Cayman Islands signs tax information exchange agreement (gov.uk)
- George Osborne should halt the HS2 train journey no one wants to take (telegraph.co.uk)
- Tears of a clone: George Osborne ‘caught crying on camera’ during Margaret Thatcher funeral (mirror.co.uk)
- Part Time Workers And Volunteers To Be Hit By Osborne’s Mass Workfare (samedifference1.com)
- Osborne set to impose CGT on foreign property buyers (theweek.co.uk)