To begin with, Jeremy Hunt is between a cleft stick.
If he announces his plans in advance as Andrew Lansley did, he will find that the Guardian and the medical profession will, once again, scupper his reforms with the assistance of the BBC and NHS managers who should have been put to the sword years ago.
Cameron knows that A&E are about to implode but neither he not Jeremy Hunt is prepared to face down GPs and get the BMA/NHS contract renegotiated.
He and Jeremy Hunt also know that this is going to be one of a series of much colder and wetter winters due to Global Cooling, a phenomenon they cannot admit to having told us the opposite for years and having had access to reports on the matter for each of the past 8 years.
This, combined with an increasingly elderly and frail population, sky-high heating bills, and a poor GP appointments system puts all the pressure on A&E.
The Government cannot admit to any of this so you get spin from the Department of Health, lies and obfuscation rather than action.
Dr Alf can see what is wrong instantly and calls it an Omni-shambles; I see it as that and as something with a possible silver lining in that once the A&E does implode, along with much of the NHS, then action will have to be taken, and the NHS will have to be replaced or reformed but not by the people who caused all the trouble in the first place.
In addition, we can then finally have an adult but tense conversation with the UK public about greater personal responsibility for healthcare, diet and exercise, preventative medicine,vitamin supplementation and harmful chemicals in foodstuffs , the built environment, fertilizers, water and household products.
- Jeremy Hunt’s local NHS trust savaged over patient safety after inspectors swoop (mirror.co.uk)
- Jeremy Hunt accused of keeping parliament in dark over NHS plans | Politics | theguardian.com (dralfoldman.com)
- Jeremy Hunt: New hospital inspections will shine a light into ‘dark recesses’ of the NHS (telegraph.co.uk)
- Jeremy Hunt accused of turning NHS deaths into ‘political capital’ | Society | The Guardian (dralfoldman.com)
- The follies of the UK’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Jeremy Hunt’s closure of NHS walk-in centres slammed as ‘act of vandalism’ (mirror.co.uk)
- Jeremy Hunt accused of keeping parliament in dark over NHS plans (theguardian.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Politics of the UK’s NHS – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt could pocket £17MILLION from sale of education company (mirror.co.uk)