The answer to Dr Alf’s question is that nobody will hold anyone in the European Commission to account for their failure, whilst real unemployment, already massively understated, will continue to rise.
Dr Alf is right to want to hold them to account for their failures but given an emasculated press, weak and ineffectual opposition, and a disengaged public, nothing will change until people wake up.
This is a process of “boiling frogs slowly”, but too many people cannot see or understand what is being done to them.
- How the Western economies should effectively respond to the Chinese economic powerhouse – John A Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- The Jobs Recovery Is Always Two Years Away – David Lizoain – Social Europe Journal (dralfoldman.com)
- A hard look at the European Commission and multi-nationals’ tax evasion – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Labour must step in to rescue a generation of doomed youth – Mary Riddell ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Stages of Economic Recovery in the UK – Simon Wren-Lewis ex Mainly Macro-John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Infographic-Oecd health at a glance 2013 ex Irish Times-John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch intern Moritz Erhardt died after overworking – Case for EU regulation? (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: The BBC and Jeremy Paxman should tell Downing Street where to go ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Why UK Chancellor George Osborne will not be allowed to use the axe on the Public Sector – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)