Sadly I do not think Dr Alf’s wish will come true because the European Commission is told what to do by the people who control the banks, just as UK Government‘s are and have been since the early 1800s.
Outlawing bonuses will do nothing because the Masters of the Universe will just demand bigger salaries.
The solution is Crowd-sourcing, Peer to Peer lending, and the banks being replaced by technology companies creating different means of exchange.
- Opinion: Cameron and Osborne want growth – at any cost – Benedict Brogran Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- UK banks and the productivity puzzle: it may not just be about limited lending – Simon Wren-Lewis -Mainly Macro (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch intern Moritz Erhardt died after overworking – Case for EU regulation? (dralfoldman.com)
- Alternative views – Wren-Lewis, climate change & UK Conservatives: John Gelmini Vs. Dr Alf (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion – Betrayal of elderly on social care costs ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Moritz Erhardt: Extreme Personal Competition to the Death – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Stages of Economic Recovery in the UK – Simon Wren-Lewis ex Mainly Macro-John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: David Cameron urges UK schools to teach Mandarin – FT.com – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Why UK Chancellor George Osborne will not be allowed to use the axe on the Public Sector – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)