This upbeat article published by World Finance is well worth a read. Check it out!
I am resident in Cyprus so can easily identify with the article.
There are a number of critical factors for Cyprus to help promote itself as an increasingly important investment hub:
- Adhere to the troika’s advice on financial recovery
- Successfully exploit offshore gas and oil
- Reach accommodation with Turkey on Northern Cyprus and the related issues
- Encourage inbound investment in strategic industries, like technology (like a near-shore hub for high technology from Israel)
- Open up the economy to greater competition, especially in the construction and the service sectors