This is an outstanding, must-read, article from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Over the last thirty years, I have mentored and coached dozens of colleagues, friends and family on the time to “repot”.
The challenge is to get the candidate to listen and research, rather than rush to simplistic conclusions. Unfortunately, too many people invest an enormous amount of effort into marketing ‘Me too!’
The article focuses on five core themes:
- Know when it’s time to change
- Seek support & commit to a new direction
- Embrace uncertainty & tune out the noise
- Network broadly & tap those networks
- Synthesize your experience to make a difference