This is currently the FT’s most popular article. It’s a good summary of the delicate state of negotiations. Check it out!
The pressure is now mounting on Greece. It’s a bit like unconditional surrender, in my view. But the alternative of a Grexit or a temporary exit have still not been properly risked assessed. If Greece does not get a financial lifeline, expect a massive humanitarian initiative
It’s easy to say that Greece precipitated the current impasse but this point in negotiations was probably inevitable. Ultimately, the Euro is the fundamental weakness & expect speculators to apply pressure this week.
- Drifting Towards Grexit (washingtonmonthly.com)
- A ‘temporary’ Grexit? Germany’s new suggestion as Greek finance minister accuses Troika of ‘terrorism’ (independent.ie)
- Special Greece Update ( Sunday July 12 , 2015 ) – EG Sunday Morning and Leaders Summit Sunday afternoon and continuing into the evening / night on tap today…. Key news and views on same ! (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Finland Echoes Germany, Wants Greece Out; Five Other Nations Back Grexit (silveristhenew.com)
- #GreeceDebtCrisis German calls for #Grexit mount as EU stunned by ‘No’ vote (acenewsservices.wordpress.com)
- Greek Businesses Accept Lira, Lev As Grexit Looms (stateofglobe.com)
- Germany Approves Temporary Grexit Plan – Reports (stateofglobe.com)
- GREECE DECIDES: Polls say ‘No’ voters have the lead (businessinsider.com)
- Germany may have a ‘temporary Grexit’ plan: news report (marketwatch.com)