Here’s a good analysis of England‘s health profile over time, geographically and compared to the EU.
Source: Health Profile for England: Telling a story about our health | Public health matters
Key chapters include:
- Life expectancy and healthy life expectancy
- Major causes of death and how they have changed
- Trends in morbidity and behavioral risk factors
- European comparisons
- Inequality in health
- Social determinants of health
- Current and emerging health protection issues
For sure, there is a mine of useful information for anybody remotely interested in this subject.
Unfortunately, there’s inherent bias built into the report, which is very light on opinions on the effectiveness of government policy.
In international benchmarking studies, the UK performs very poorly in public healthcare, especially in cancer outcomes.
Clearly, the research was expensive. I have to wonder if the findings, conclusions and recommendations would be more effective with an independent study?