The BBC reports that a Japanese fungus spreading in UK hospitals, with more than 200 patients have been infected, so far with no fatalities, citing Public Health England.
Unfortunately, the BBC is understating the infection crisis in UK public hospitals, with increasing numbers of people at risk of infection, including death.
It’s worth some simple problem analysis.
- Are hospital less clean because of austerity cuts?
- Are staff properly motivated towards cleanliness at every level?
- Are the latest chemical cleaning agents being deployed?
- Why is there a growing resistentance to antibiotics?
- Why are big pharma not not inventing new antibioics faster?