Boris’s Britain: How the PM intends to deliver for his new friends in the North https://t.co/wMN6gywcHH
— Alf Oldman (@DrAlfOldman) December 18, 2019
- Better infrastructure
- Active state support for research
- Free ports
In terms of risks, Forsyth cites improvements at the NHS.
At this stage, it’s too easy to pitch in and challenge this ambitious outline plan.
But there are a few important points based upon my many years of delivering strategic change:
- Rigorous independent risk assessment
- Robust economic and financial modelling
- Reject cronyism
- Stop politicians from meddling
- Go for the world best independent experts, rejecting offering of ‘one-stop’ consultancies
- Enormous investment in focused retraining and re-skilling
- Open up job competition to the world’s best to raise standards
- Manage the roll-out using Action Research principles, regularly kicking the tires to validate the way forward.