Happy New Year and thank you for visiting this blog. 2015 was a record year, with approaching 40,000 hits on the site from around the world. This is the blog that adds two cents worth of comment to breaking news.
Anyway, here are the top twenty blogs for 2015, voted by number of hits (most popular first):
- Greek debt and a default of statesmanship – Martin Wolf – FT.com
- Greeks chose poverty, let them have their way – Francesco Giavazzi – FT.com
- A gaffe-prone Japan is a danger to peace in Asia – Gideon Rachman – FT.com
- Greece will no longer deal with ‘troika’, Yanis Varoufakis says – FT.com
- Why I am obsessed by austerity – Simon Wren-Lewis – Mainly Macro
- Athens must stand firm against the eurozone’s failed policies – Wolfgang Manchau – FT.com
- A stealthy route to Grexit – Wolfgang Münchau – FT.com
- Opinion – Merkel the bold | The Economist
- Opinion – Greeks chose poverty, let them have their way – Francesco Giavazzi – FT.com – John Gelmini
- Divorce Greece in haste, repent at leisure – Martin Wolf – FT.com
- Grexit is an avoidable catastrophe for the eurozone -Wolfgang Münchau – FT.com
- Angela Merkel takes revenge on Greek prime minister – FT.com
- BBC – Travel – Two days in Siena, Italy : Tuscany
- Jeremy Corbyn and the 1,000 days that destroyed Britain | Daily Mail Online
- Germany’s Destructive Anger – Jacob Soll – The New York Times
- How to Reinvent Yourself After 50 – Dorie Clark – Harvard Business Review
- The computerisation of European jobs | Jeremy Bowles at Bruegel.org
- Layoff List Grows: Morgan Stanley to Cut 1,600 Jobs | Fox Business
- Former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin returns to Beijing in challenge to President Xi Jinping
- Putin Looks to Do Business With South Africa’s Zuma | Business | The Moscow Times
I’d like to thank my friend, colleague and fellow blogger John Gelmini for his continued support.
On Monday, Marilyn and I are returning to Asia to continue our journey of discover. Keep an eye out for our adventures in our sister blog Discover the Orient.
Good luck for 2015!