Check this article out for some insights into life in the UK on a national austerity budget. It’s expected to get worse before it gets better.
Other countries following the austerity regime will be experiencing their own crises, like Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Ireland.
Elderly ‘robbed of dignity’ by failing social care services – Telegraph.
Regular readers of this blog will know that I have been banging on about austerity at all costs for most of last year.
Politicians have typically simply applied the bacon-slicer (or top-slicer) approach to Public Services and cost-cutting has fed directly into reduced public services and deteriorating quality.
- Sharp rise in social care fees a stealth tax – Labour – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Warning elderly care ‘in crisis’ (bbc.co.uk)
- National News: Social care ‘not fit for purpose’ (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Only social care reform will keep the NHS from its deathbed (telegraph.co.uk)
- Elderly people face rising cost of council services (guardian.co.uk)
- Ministers urged to seize chance to change social care – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Social care ‘not fit for purpose’ (independent.co.uk)
- Save care system, say campaigners (bbc.co.uk)
- ‘Sharp rise’ in social care fees (bbc.co.uk)
- National News: ‘Crisis’ warning over elderly care (coventrytelegraph.net)